My blog has moved into Beta!



Please note that my blog has changed addresses! It's all new and improved. Hence this old friend of mine had to be left alone. You can visit me at The Last Word (beta). It's all warmed up for you! :)

« Home

"Elvis Has Entered The Building!"Aditya's ExileWake up, you might be dreamingWomen On Top? Really!?Things You Didn't Know About Aditya Vikram MukherjeeMachines And Emotions: An AnalysisGoogle's Blooper!Things I Learnt From Faber CastellThe beautiful code!People, people, people  »





I had seen this poem in one of my many english tests (no more of those! *phoo*), and though humorous, does raise the valid argument of bias due to skin colour.

Dear white fella; Couple of things you should know...
When I was born, I black
When I grow up, I black
When I go in sun, I black
When I cold, I black
When I scared, I black
When I sick, I black
And when I die, I still black

You white fella
When you born, you pink
When you grow up, you white
When you go in sun, you red
When you cold, you blue
When you scared, you yellow
When you sick, you green
And when you die, you grey

And you have nerve to call me... Coloured??

But leaving the serious side by, its a funny take on black and white! :)

Filed Under:


1 Comments

taaa.... love this poem... (love that word btw you might hafta hear it more often) ok so.

im just staring at my dinner, and at that picture of you, and wondering what you must be doing right now (probably sleeping, knowing you.) and hoping that my sunshine (that's my new cute name btw... thanks to Y who happens to call me RAINCLOUD. I MEAN DUDE. RAINCLOUD?? WTF!!) so now i'll call you sunshine, because it's sorta appropriate, also it's cute, and you'll do well tomorrow, because you love physics, and God is with you, and I haven't talked to you in so long, it's pissing off, really, but there are these stupid boards and I am failing due to the vagaries of the Cbse and the fact that they insert stupid pictures in where they're not wanted.

And I really am jabbering. A LOT. Can you believe yaman's going back in like 2 days? Now i have noone to call up for eco and crib. And you don't even come online. :P:P:P:P
and I have NO idea why I posted this as a comment and not as a mail. Probably because I'm so used to writing one line mails to you, the idea just didn't strike me.

See you on 17th, sunshine! Oh, and you'd better wish me luck on the 9th! :)
Love
Akanksha
    Anonymous Anonymous, on Tue Mar 07, 10:15:00 AM  




Leave your comment
You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

Or you can sign in as a different user.







Categories

Latest Updated

Subscriptions

Get My Blog In Your Mail!

Powered by Yutter

add this button to your site/blog as a link to this page! « link to me!
coComments my coComments
my claimID

subscribe to feed
Widgetize!
Google Reader add to google
del.icio.us The Last Word add to del.icio.us
Add to My Yahoo! add to yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines add to bloglines
add to msn
Add to netvibes add to Netvibes!
myFeedster add to feedster
Furl The Last Word add to furl


Archive Pages
January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006

Advertisement


Song Of The Day:




Creative Commons License Widgetize!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Aditya Mukherjee © 2005-06 | Powered by Blogger