My blog has moved into Beta!



Please note that my blog has changed addresses! It's all new and improved. Hence this old friend of mine had to be left alone. You can visit me at The Last Word (beta). It's all warmed up for you! :)

« Home

What works best?100th Post!Censoring the internetThe Link FieldGoogle SyncLatest Updated!Internet Wars: Watchya talking' about?Why not use favicons?A face in the crowdStatic Vs. Dynamic  »





I didn't know what else to put it in! :P Anyway! This script comes to life because of two very simple reasons:

  • I'm a very lazy guy, who needs everything in front of him and should be able to do things with the least amount of movement,
  • I realised that if someone uses ABCI or d2b, or any one of the categorizing methods which use del.icio.us, it can get a little hard to remember what are the names of the categories.

Hence, here is a greasemonkey script which will solve the problem of categorising your posts. Not at del.icio.us (not yet atleast), but within Blogger itself. This scripts calls in your categories/tags from del.icio.us and displays them on your post create/edit pages so that you can simply click them, and they'll automatically get added to the Hybrid Link Field and if you use Johan's excellent Blogger/del.icio.us publisher and categorizer helper script, to that too!

So what are you waiting for? Grab the script from userscripts.org, and kiss a few mouseclicks byebye! :) As an added bonus, this script also changes the font in your post editor's Edit HTML tab. No more uglyness there!

Also, this is not all that's in for this script. I'll be updating it to add a lot of functionality, so do keep checking back! And yes, thanks once again to Stephen for his valuable inputs!

[Update 2]: Well, due to popular demand (and itchy hands), here's a firefox extension (Del.icio.us tags reference adder) which does the same thing as the userscript, just that the userscript will get updated most frequently, while the extension will only show big updates! Enjoy! Thanks to Avatar for the feedback (the popular demand I mentioned! :P) and hosting the extension!

[Update]: The script was doing something weird while trying to get the blogID number. I've fixed it! Kindly upgrade your scripts! :) Sorry for the inconvenience!


5 Comments

great script, keep up the good work.

Nice job Aditya. I had been thinking of doing the same thing for quite some time for d2b, but ya know...lazy blogger and all. ;-D

Just gave it a quick install and runthrough but looks very sweet. Great job!!!
    Anonymous Anonymous, on Thu Jun 15, 03:43:00 PM  

Works well with d2B for me too. Nice job!

Thanks a bunch guys! :) And remember, this script will get updated to contain more aids to help you make writing your posts easier, so do keep checking back! :)

Really Great work, I came across your blog yesterday only and now I am actually taking inspiration from you and I am trying to incorporate your scripts in my blog! I know I can't that's why I said trying :p Keep up the good work.
    Anonymous Anonymous, on Thu Jun 15, 10:09:00 PM  




Leave your comment
You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

Or you can sign in as a different user.







Categories

Latest Updated

Subscriptions

Get My Blog In Your Mail!

Powered by Yutter

add this button to your site/blog as a link to this page! « link to me!
coComments my coComments
my claimID

subscribe to feed
Widgetize!
Google Reader add to google
del.icio.us The Last Word add to del.icio.us
Add to My Yahoo! add to yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines add to bloglines
add to msn
Add to netvibes add to Netvibes!
myFeedster add to feedster
Furl The Last Word add to furl


Archive Pages
January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006

Advertisement


Song Of The Day:




Creative Commons License Widgetize!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Aditya Mukherjee © 2005-06 | Powered by Blogger