My blog has moved into Beta!



Please note that my blog has changed addresses! It's all new and improved. Hence this old friend of mine had to be left alone. You can visit me at The Last Word (beta). It's all warmed up for you! :)

« Home

Love Is Only A FeelingWhat The Google?Every Rose Has Its ThornHold My HandGoogle Bashing SeasonI'll find another way to let you, go away...HeavenThe Conversation PointOpera 9 Tech Preview 2Rage Against The ... Spam?  »





Thanks to Sonali for her brilliant answer to my last post (here), I have another flurry of questions that need answering. I came up with these while trying to study physics. That is probably why I love physics. The subject makes me think, which activates my brain, because of which I get these random but logical fits of thought and reasoning! Isn't it fascinating? we all love someone sometime Why do we fall in love with other people? What is it in them that we find so attractive that we agree to devote most of our concerns and care to their well being? What is it tht sets them apart from others, and makes you love them, and the not the person behind them?

Why do we love?

I refuse to believe that love is just a reaction of a few chemicals in the brain, simply because love in itself is such a complicated feeling that people have died for it. Surely a chemical alone is not responsible for it! Is it in a quest to complete ones'self? Or keep that one person so close that you'll know that you aren't alone fighting this world and trying to live a life...? Is it just the feeling of being loved that drives us to love others? If it is all this ... then why look for someone else's love, when all these feelings exist within your house and amongst your family?

Surely its not because of the physical aspect of a relationship? That is not love then ... is it? If that is so, then the only difference between your family and your spouse is sex ... which does sound absurd! Its blatantly confusing. I guess we'll never truly figure out what drives us to seek love outside the four walls of our house (more than four for the architecturally challenged :P)

At this point of time, I'd prefer my parents and my family's love to anyone elses, because atlesat my family's love is fixed. Its content and constant. I won't lose it because of the way i dress, look or talk to them. Similarly, I don't love them because of the things they buy for me ... I love them because they are my support system, who are always there to help me and lookout for me whenever I might need them. And I am willing to do the same, as soon as I am capable of doing such a thing...

I don't think we'll ever realise why is it that we love ... family or anyone else...!

[edited] i realised how dangerously close this comes to Valentine's Day. this is not meant to diss anyone who might enjoy celebrating the day with their 'loved' one. This also has no connection to any person living or dead. Any similarities is accidental and unintentional. [continuation of Love Is Only A Feeling]

1 Comments

maybe the reasons dont matter that much..do they? you just love because you feel good about it..because it's a beautiful magical feeling that makes you feel special. And about physics...mmmm..too much to say..talk about stimulation!!i cud go on foreva on physics (u probably noe that hehe)
Defn..ones family is always gonna be a major support system ..and they're among the very few who'll always love you for who you are as a person..you must cherish their depths of love and their sacrifice..you'll probably never feel alone then :)




Leave your comment
You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

Or you can sign in as a different user.







Categories

Latest Updated

Subscriptions

Get My Blog In Your Mail!

Powered by Yutter

add this button to your site/blog as a link to this page! « link to me!
coComments my coComments
my claimID

subscribe to feed
Widgetize!
Google Reader add to google
del.icio.us The Last Word add to del.icio.us
Add to My Yahoo! add to yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines add to bloglines
add to msn
Add to netvibes add to Netvibes!
myFeedster add to feedster
Furl The Last Word add to furl


Archive Pages
January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006

Advertisement


Song Of The Day:




Creative Commons License Widgetize!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Aditya Mukherjee © 2005-06 | Powered by Blogger